Holiday care...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lefish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We are going away for a month just after Christmas, and we have no one near us to look after our fish. A friend of ours who lives accross town had offered to have them - it's too far for her to journey every other day to feed them but she'd happily have them in her flat.

Would it be totally crazy to attempt this?? My thoughts were that if we put them in bags and transported them that way it wouldn't be too dissimilar from when buying them from shops, so might not be too stressful? The drive would take us about half an hour.

We have 6 zebra danios and 3 minnows - they live separately in two tanks.

She also has fish so is a good choice of fish-sitter....

I'm really desperate for ideas on how to make sure they are OK while we are away, so any advice would be great!!

Fish only need to fed twice during the month you're gone if feed well but not too much. You could put the food amount you want your friend to give them in a small bag. Or alternatively she could stay at your place for a short time.

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

The fish you have are not particularly sensitive. They could probably take the joyride across town just fine. Just make sure they are acclimated well.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom