Holiday feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sedgy90

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all. Was wondering what holiday feeders you use and whats hot or not? I need one and some online reviews are shocking so thought Id ask you guys. Thanks.

How long will you be gone? If a week or less, I think they'd be fine without food unless you have fry.

I typically steer clear of the feeder blocks but according to some members there are some good quality mechanical feeders out there!

A week. Id prefer mechanical but the reviews on most i have seen are poor.

Holiday Feeders

Hi all. Was wondering what holiday feeders you use and whats hot or not? I need one and some online reviews are shocking so thought Id ask you guys. Thanks.

Hello s...

Aquarium fish can go up to a couple of weeks without food. If you're going to be gone less time than that, you don't need to worry about feeding your fish. Just feed them a little more a week or so before you leave and then a day or two prior, do a larger than normal water change.

Your fish will be fine and you'll come home to a clean tank.

Just a thought.

B

Aww thats great news. I have a family member popping in but they cant commit to everyday. Thanks alot. All I have is large schoal of neon tetras, 5 head and tail light tetras and ghost shrimp in a planted tank.

I recently used 2 Eheim everyday feeders over a week on my two main tanks with great success - I had a mix of pellets and flake in them, when I came back both food compartments where completely dry, moisture build up seems to be a problem in other feeders. Really good options on them for feeding times also, up to 4 times a day and 1 or 2 rotations a feed at a minute interval, slider to increase or decrease the amount of food and a built in fan to ensure the food kept dry and where it's meant to be.

Back
Top Bottom