Holy "Holey Rocks"...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

locorosa

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been looking at all sorts of goodies on E-Bay for my new aquarium and I found some Texas Limestone Holey rocks.
I thought limestone was a no-no for freshwater aquariums? What's the deal here?

Well cool! Since I am a Goldie keeper that's something to consider. Thanks for the info which is especilly useful since I have a hard time keeping the ph up.

Have you just got the bubble eye and the ryukin? I've got 2 commons, 3 orandas, 1 lionhead, 1 manyu, 2 fantails, 1 london shubunkin, and 4 comets, and that's just the goldfish. I guess I must like being punished with high maintenence fish.

Lol! Too funny. I find them easy to keep myself...peaceful.
I have two ryukins, the bubble eye, a pearlscale, and three cory cats.
I am prowling for a nice oranda and a lionhead (longtail).

Now we are thinking about an outside pond to rotate the fish into as well as getting some tropicals for the 35hex the goldfish are in now...they have a 92 corner bow I am cycling for them. The orange ryukin is on his way out but I have to hide that little fact from the Hubs. He likes him and I want to keep 5 in the new tank.

I consider it therapy...not punishment. ;) Crazy? You decide...

Yeah, nice therapy, I'm about to need therapy for extensive MTS. One fish room just isn't enough for me...I'm thinking on trading in most of my golds for trops, I've been sucked into the cichlid world, but I'll wait. I've at least got my golds down to AAA or better quality, except Depot who was my very first fish and I could never part with. Oh where has my sanity gone.

Well it's good Depot will always have a home with you. Lol! I am trying to get AAA quality only as well. My bubble eye is for sure (although his right eye sac deflated a couple of months ago), and this new pearlscale is prolly AA. The calico Ryukin is AA but still pretty nice. If we get an putdoor pond I am betting they will really fill out nicely.
I don't think I'd want to have the tanks in just one room. The new tank is right behind the computer so it's nice to sit and look at it. The 35hex is going into the living room when the golds move out and we plan on putting the pond near our deck and in sight of the dining room for maximum visibility.
Then there's the dog...soon to be dogs, the cats, and the snake I want to get...mini zoo going on here! Lol! I should have been a biologist!

I took a look at Depot and he's a pretty cute fish! It's amazing how nice some of the commons can get.
I'm not trying to influence anyone ;) but this is a pretty nice fish:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180074683813&rd=1&rd=1

Sorry about the long link but tinyurl is not working right now...grrr. They have a really cute little lionhead too...*sigh* so many fish so little tank space!

I understand the attraction of tropicals BUT I love goldies. They are all so unique and have different personalities. I've had both kinds of tanks and will be getting trops again here, but I prefer goldies.
I am thinking about getting some holey rock for the new tank now that I see it's ok...more junk to add!

MTS? Nah!

Depot thanks you for the compliment. That fish on ebay is nice, but not show quality at all. None of the fish I see on their sale list are show quality. I wonder if they think large wen is all that's judged?

hmmmm...I may need to take some notes on what constitutes show quality. Lol! I do believe they exaggerate a tad, how can they all be show quality(?), but a couple of them are a little nicer than what I can get around here.
Thinking about getting some from this guy:

http://www.goldfishnet.com/ItemListings.asp

The only hesitation is the prices...the Hubs will kill me!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom