Homemade aquarium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemmiWinks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Planning on building my own freshwater aquarium and need some advice. Basically im gonna build a headboard type aquarium to stand behind my bed. I would like it to be about a 1.5 feet high, about 6-8 inches wide and probably the length of the bed so 4-5 feet. Im wondering what you would recommend for filtration and what not, i plan on keeping as many neon tetras in it as i can. Do you think i need to put a frame on the tank? What would you say i use for a filter? Any other main things i need to know before i make this? I have never done something like this but i do have fish keeping experience. Just wondering what everyone thinks! Thanks

I am responding to wish you luck and please do post pictures when u complete this project.... I would think a filter that isn't as noisy as ours is, how much water would that size hold? Maybe two smaller filters one on ether end may help as it isn't so deep.

How many gallons? You could possibly do a few sponge filters. I think they would be much quieter. But I find the noise mine makes is kinda relaxing :)

I'm confused, are you just building the stand or the tank itself? They're really 2 different projects.

Back
Top Bottom