Honey gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amorgan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I want to buy a honey gourami for my 20g community tank (along with guppies and corys). I’ve done some research and I’m pretty sure honey gourami are the smallest and most peaceful breed of gourami. However, one thing I couldn’t find was whether or not they should be kept in groups, pairs or by themselves. Ideally I would only get one but I suppose I could get a pair if one would be sad on its own. (The tank isn’t very planted but it will be soon and I’m trying to find some hiding places for them before I buy one)

Hi Honey gourami's do enjoy there own company so a pair at least ,would work best. Yes the more cover they have the more out going they will be. Apart from that they are pretty hardy and very enjoyable fish to keep:)

The only thing is I never kept them with guppy's. I would assume they would be OK, in my tank they only ever chased each other.

Hi. On a similar note, I got 2 powder blue gouramis, one is 1.5 old and the other about 6months. They are housed in a 45 gallon with 10 neon tetras, 4 albino cherry barbs, and 4 long fin danios and they just keep to themselves, or hang out together or play chase each other by sneaking up on the other and antagonizing the other. My point being similar I have sized fish and they leave them alone.

Hi

I had a pair of honey gourami’s in a 20 gallon along with panda cory’s and neon tetras and I think they definitely enjoy the company of a partner as do most gourami’s if you can you should definitely get a pair

Back
Top Bottom