Honey/Sparkling Gourami in my 15 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not good at stocking at all so I'll let some others answer, but what filter are you running on the tank? It might depend on the filtration power you have. Also a 15 gal tank isn't that large so you want to be careful b/c a lot of fish with not much room to swim and create territories can be a recipe for fighting fish.

Whatever you do I would add very slowly, one type of fish at a time and wait a few weeks in between each addition so you can monitor them closely (and your tank, you'll want to keep testing the water and do water changes as needed, you might have to do more than one a week with that heavy a load).

That's the same filter I have on my 20! I was also advised to get another filter so I did, an AquaClear 20 HOB. You might want to consider adding another filter to the tank. You can never have too much filtration.

I do have a Juwel Bioflow Mini 280, which came with the kit and a Hagen Elite Stingray 10, but I dont use them. The bioflow is very noisy and keeps me awake at night-time. It's really very annoying.

Yeah some of them are loud lol The AquaClear HOBs are great, they have good media in there (sponge, carbon and biomax, but you can leave the carbon out and put another sponge in there). The flow is adjustable on them too. I find it soothing, it sounds like a stream, but that's just me lol You could just get another Fluval U2 and stick it in there.

Back to the honey vs sparkling gouramis.

Honey gouramis are larger than sparkling. Sparkling are also called pygmy gouramis. Dwarfs are larger than pygmies.

Honey: Honey Gourami Care And Profile - Trichogaster Chuna

Sparkling: Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Sparkling Gourami

With your stocking I'd do the sparkling (pygmy) gouramis. They aren't very aggressive at all. I keep some with other pygmy fish and have absolutely no problems. The honey gourami is larger, it would eat your cherry shrimp and can be more aggressive than the pygmy.

I could do that, but I'm an unemployed 16 year old :lol: and dont have much money... Would the Stingray do much to help or is not worth it?

Back to the honey vs sparkling gouramis.

Honey gouramis are larger than sparkling. Sparkling are also called pygmy gouramis. Dwarfs are larger than pygmies.

Honey: Honey Gourami Care And Profile - Trichogaster Chuna

Sparkling: Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Sparkling Gourami

With your stocking I'd do the sparkling (pygmy) gouramis. They aren't very aggressive at all. I keep some with other pygmy fish and have absolutely no problems. The honey gourami is larger, it would eat your cherry shrimp and can be more aggressive than the pygmy.

Thanks, but the only problem with that is I'm not sure if my LFS stocks them :/ Also would I just add one, because I've heard they like to be in groups? Would I be able to have the Endler's as well? Thanks :)

I have just added an Interpret PF Duo 2 to the tank, that I found in the garage from an old tank. Does anyone know if they are any good? :)

Back
Top Bottom