Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-12-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hood light - bad ballast?

I have an plain old Aqueon hood with a single tube T8 fluorescent light with some low light ferns that have done well.

The light started flickering, so I replace the tube, and the new tube flickers as well. I’m beginning to think it’s the ballast in the unit that actually went bad.

So am I crazy, or is just buying a new reflector/unit for the tube as expensive as the **** hood was?

https://www.amazon.com/All-Glass-Aqu.../dp/B0002AS6TK

Any ideas? My plants and fish have Been sitting in the dark for four days now.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Does it flicker all the time or just a little when you turn it on? Do you hear a buzzing or a humming while the light is on and flickering?

Tags
ballast, hood, light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com