Hornwort Experiment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuietPlotter

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone, I'm conducting a hornwort experiment just for fun! I put my clippings in three different cups. The middle cup and far right cup have varying amounts of Flourish, one has more one has less, the middle one has roughly about maybe more 1ml and the right one has .2 ml.

The left one has a peice of crab exoskeleton I found, lol.

I will be changing the water compeletely everyday with dechlorinated tap water and dose flourish, trying to see if they get to stay alive from Seachem Flourish!

They are in direct sunlight and an open window, and my hypothesis is that they are compeletely indestructable and will survive and maybe grow!

Attachments

• image-2339478308.jpg
    image-2339478308.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 86
Here is daylight

Attachments

• image-1175387256.jpg
    image-1175387256.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 73
Are the quality and length/size of clippings kept the same? IMO this experiment is hard to maintain as a fair test.
Location of the clippings relative to light also affects it.

Light is all the same only varying thing is the length, but that's not the concern, concern is growth and surviving.

Will do

My brother did an experiment with hornwort...chucked a bunch into the fountain outside. Couple weeks later i looked and all the needles had fallen off and were floating around. I put my hand in the water and it was freezing. I suspect thats why it died

UPDATE: Hornwort is alive in 38°-73° F temperatures, water keeps turning gooey like gel but only 40% of the plant is brown and few needles have fallen despite the fact I stopped dosing Flourish on day 2.

QuietPlotter said:
UPDATE: Hornwort is alive in 38°-73° F temperatures, water keeps turning gooey like gel but only 40% of the plant is brown and few needles have fallen despite the fact I stopped dosing Flourish on day 2.

Very interestinf that it can live in 38 degrees

Back
Top Bottom