horrible combo.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platylover26

Aquarium Advice Regular
. I was at my LFS yesterday, getting a school of danios and a betta. (Not for the same tank, obvs, Lol) And i saw this teenage boy with his parents. They had in a basket a net, some food, and a neon car decoration. I won't judge you by what you decorate your tank with, but the fish he were getting were questionable. They had what looked to be 3 tiger barbs, and about 4 clown loaches. I really wanted to say something and i regret not saying anything, but the employee with them doesn't like me. ( I have corrected him on his info a couple times before)... How should I politely advise someone about not getting an unsuitable fish next time? (I've done it before. I was in Petsmart and some teenagers were talking about ADF's. I told them that they are cool pets and easy to care for in a 5 or ten gallon. They looked at me funny and slowly backed away.:()

Teenagers look at anyone who is offering them advice funny and back away no matter who it is. They're the strange ones of our species. ;) I would've done the same thing. (offered advice, not backed away. LOL)

As far as helping out the young boy and his parents, wait until they're away from the guy who doesn't like you and strike up a conversation with him while you're there with his parents. i.e. "Oh hey, are you setting up a fish tank or two? That's really cool. I have a couple of pictures of mine." *show pictures, etc* "What made you decide to pick those guys out?" "If you guys have questions or anything with your fish, come check out our forum, we have a lot of of people who like to help out." *give website info to parents* Or some such.

The other option is to do what you did, and let them make their mistakes, as we all did. :) It sucks, but some people don't learn by research, only trial and error.

Back
Top Bottom