horror story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tetrin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i was moving a few fish from my 40gb ( not a hard drive, but a 40g breeder) planted tank :mrgreen: . i caught three black neons easily. but the rainbow shark and two rosy barbs were giving me a great deal of trouble.
so i decided to make some room by removing a piece of hollow driftwood from the tank. no sooner than i did that, i heard loud slapping noises, and to my horror, all four of my clown loaches were busy carpet-surfing. they had taken refuge in the log amidst the pandemonium and had been foolish enough to stay there as i lifted it out of water. and i had topped their stupidity by not making sure that the log was empty :evil: .

anyway, i put them back asap, getting pricked by the spines on their eyes in the process. after that the fish were caught without any trouble. and as soon as i set the driftwood down again, the quartet was back into it immediately, as if nothing had happened 8O .
i hope they make it, despite my foolishness...

Attachments

• loaches.jpg
    loaches.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 106
I was doing some maintenance work on my 75G and one of my loaches, agitated, jumped in and of his own volition out of the aquarium unto the hardwood floor. I had a frantic couple of seconds trying to pick him up with my bare hands and I worried about him for a few days wondering if he was going to make it. It was wasted worry because Loaches are very hardy fish and I would be surprised if you didn't have the same happy outcome. But good luck... (y)

I am sure that they will be fine....Doradid catfish and bristlenose cats do that all the time, too....sometimes it is the easiest way to catch them.

yep, i guess they pulled through. i saw them doing their cumtomary dance (where they hug the front glass with their underbodies and sway slightly) in the morning...
i guess Toirtis is right, they are hardier than they look.

Back
Top Bottom