Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

HOT filter

These filter are like a mini canister filter. I had discussed my problems with the lack of space and lack of ability to drill holes in my stand on my thread called PROPER FILTRATION for my 125g discus tank. I wrote marineland and this was a suggestion. I think I have my tank under control but feel I may need for filtration. If you know anything about this or can help I would love it.
At this time I have 3 hob filters
2 emperor 400s rated at 400 gph which probably is 250.
1 small whisper junky filter rated at 100 gph
1 big sponge filter as well

This is the link to the hot filter

http://www.marinedepot.com/Marinelan...FRHBTO-vi.html
Let me know if you think these will help me

Old 06-21-2011, 01:51 AM   #2

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

It's just a glorified HOB IMO, you'd be better off trading those emperor 400's in on a couple AquaClear 110's which will provide better filtration with no need to buy those filters of theirs.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
but with the 400 you can add your own media plus you have the double bio wheels ill recommend keeping the emperor i had some aquaclear and to be honest i rather have the wispers or petco brand over those. but if u can get a canister get a fluval fx5

Tags
filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com