How About This...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
After thinking and rearranging some tank situations I want your opinion on this. ***please don't kill me after reading this because I know this is currently a horrible set up but it shall be fixed as soon as my new filter comes in***
I have a 13g that has:
x1 Male Betta
x6 Male Endler's Livebearers
x1 Mickey Mouse Platy•
x4 Peppered Corydoras•
x6 Ghost Shrimp
x1 Nerite Snail

The ones with the • are going to be moved to my 55 gallon when it gets it's filter in (don't worry I have extra dirty media that is currently in some tanks and has been for about a month and a half). So that'd take to the stock to:
x1 Male Betta
x6 Endler's Livebearers
x6 Ghost Shrimp
x1 Nerite Snail

Does that sound stocked? I want to put some cherry shrimp and/or more ghost shrimp in there. I know it won't make much of a difference I just want to see if it'll be over stocked or not:). Thanks!!!

After thinking and rearranging some tank situations I want your opinion on this. ***please don't kill me after reading this because I know this is currently a horrible set up but it shall be fixed as soon as my new filter comes in***
I have a 13g that has:
x1 Male Betta
x1 Mickey Mouse Platy•
x4 Peppered Corydoras•
x6 Ghost Shrimp
x1 Nerite Snail

The ones with the • are going to be moved to my 55 gallon when it gets it's filter in (don't worry I have extra dirty media that is currently in some tanks and has been for about a month and a half). So that'd take to the stock to:
x1 Male Betta
x6 Endler's Livebearers
x6 Ghost Shrimp
x1 Nerite Snail

Does that sound stocked? I want to put some cherry shrimp and/or more ghost shrimp in there. I know it won't make much of a difference I just want to see if it'll be over stocked or not:). Thanks!!!
Dude shrimp have virtually NO bioload. Add to your hearts desire.

GodFan said:
Dude shrimp have virtually NO bioload. Add to your hearts desire.

I know that, but thanks for the reminer;)! But I'm just checking on the actual stock of the fish and throwing in there that bit of information:). So does everything else seem okay to you?

I know that, but thanks for the reminer;)! But I'm just checking on the actual stock of the fish and throwing in there that bit of information:). So does everything else seem okay to you?
Oh definetly. As long as you betta is pretty placid and doesnt eat your shrimp (I assume he doesnt) Then it sounds sweet! What you got as far as decor?

GodFan said:
Oh definetly. As long as you betta is pretty placid and doesnt eat your shrimp (I assume he doesnt) Then it sounds sweet! What you got as far as decor?

Thanks for the go ahead! Oh he doesn't he'll flare at them every once and a while but I think he's showing off... The tank is a bit bare currently but I'm in the process of getting more plants and I'm thinking about switching to sand. But here's a picture of it

Thanks for the go ahead! Oh he doesn't he'll flare at them every once and a while but I think he's showing off... The tank is a bit bare currently but I'm in the process of getting more plants and I'm thinking about switching to sand. But here's a picture of it
Beautiful tank! I have pool filter sand and love it btw! I love that tank though. Do you use live or fake plants?

Thanks for the compliment! They're all live plants I no longer have any fake plants! I have 2 tanks with some play sand so I might add it to the tank... But I'm thinking about getting some of the plant soil and doing a DIY co2 so I can have a very planted tank. But I don't know...

Thanks for the compliment! They're all live plants I no longer have any fake plants! I have 2 tanks with some play sand so I might add it to the tank... But I'm thinking about getting some of the plant soil and doing a DIY co2 so I can have a very planted tank. But I don't know...
I tried live plants once.... went very bad...Im fake again lol

Gboy66 said:
Why not another school of somthing? You have room!

I was thinking of dwarf cories but I'm not sure about it... Also maybe neons as well. Any ideas if it'd be fine?

Id say ya, a school of 6 tetras. I think if you had alot of shrimp, u shud fill out the cories to like 8!

I was thinking of dwarf cories but I'm not sure about it... Also maybe neons as well. Any ideas if it'd be fine?
Everyone says neons are difficult but they are pretty. I dont know about DCs but I have kept Pygmy Cories and I think they are awesome and would love you tank.

Gboy66 said:
Id say ya, a school of 6 tetras. I think if you had alot of shrimp, u shud fill out the cories to like 8!

I will once they are in the 55g. I will look into the pygmy cories as well! Also I'll look at other smaller fish! I'm thinking CPDs... As well!

GodFan said:
CPDs are sweet. IMO Gold ringed danios are cooler looking though.

Wow those are gorgeous! Wish they had some around here or even online! I just looked online and shock they're all out of stock;) but I love the look of them so I may have to get them once places start to get them back in stock! Thanks for the type:D

Wow those are gorgeous! Wish they had some around here or even online! I just looked online and shock they're all out of stock;) but I love the look of them so I may have to get them once places start to get them back in stock! Thanks for the type:D
Did you check That Pet Place? They ship. Somebody here told me about it :)

GodFan said:
Did you check That Pet Place? They ship. Somebody here told me about it :)

Yup did! They said they were out of stock but I hope they get some in soon:). So the final stock will be:
x1 Male Betta
x6 Gold Ring Danios
x6+ Ghost Shrimp
x5+ RCS
x1 Nerite Snail

Does that sound full for a 13g?

I would say so. It sounds beautiful! Post pics when its done? I wanted Gold ringed danios for my 20 tall but I was told they wouldnt work with scarlrt badiss...

GodFan said:
I would say so. It sounds beautiful! Post pics when its done? I wanted Gold ringed danios for my 20 tall but I was told they wouldnt work with scarlrt badiss...

Yes I will! I'm currently thinking about moving out the endlers into a different tank and adding harlequin rasboras in their place... Does that sound ok? If I got 6-7 of them and then 6-7 of the danios as well?

Im not sure... I have never had any rasboras but I think it would be ok...

Back
Top Bottom