How Big Do Mystery Snails Get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
reefdiver said:
From what I've seeing. The size of a golf ball. These where at a petco.

Mr. Limpet said:
They'll get the size of a tennis ball if give the right conditions.

Ok thank you, that's what I needed to know. I was under the impression that Mystery Snails stay the size of a quarter, but I noticed mine was reaching the size of a golf ball. Thanks again!

GrimmGoby said:
Ok thank you, that's what I needed to know. I was under the impression that Mystery Snails stay the size of a quarter, but I noticed mine was reaching the size of a golf ball. Thanks again!

Yep, mine is at that same stage and still growing. Get a cuttlebone for birds and put it in the tank to help their shell stay trong as it grows. I used a veggie clip to weight it down until it was water logged enough to stay down, and I see my snails on it at night sometimes.

Mr. Limpet said:
Yep, mine is at that same stage and still growing. Get a cuttlebone for birds and put it in the tank to help their shell stay trong as it grows. I used a veggie clip to weight it down until it was water logged enough to stay down, and I see my snails on it at night sometimes.

Thank you so much Mr. Limpet for your advice! Really appreciate it!.

Mr. Limpet said:
Not much IMO. I think they're cool looking (I have a 1 black/1white), but they're lazy cleaners and poop as much as my goldies lol.

I agree, they're only good for looking super cute.

Back
Top Bottom