How big of a tank for dwarf angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfanboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
How big does a dwarf angel tank need to be they have some at my lfs and I really want some but I don't know much about them

Are you talking about sw angelfish? Or the fw dwarf angel, pterophyllum leopoldi? I own the leopolds angel and they still get nearly as big as scalare

They were really tiny angelfish at my lfs I didn't really look at the label closely but I should have mYbe they were just baby but I'd still like to know what size of tank they need

30+ so that they have sufficient room to turn around and swim when they are grown.

They were probably just baby angels, I see them a lot at my LFS really small, like a qyuarter

Yeah, when I bought mine 5 years ago she was about the size of a quarter but now she is about 7-8 inches top to bottom. I feel like my 36 gallon is too small for her sometimes.

Leopoldi angelfish are sometimes referred to as dwarfs but they really do get about the same size as scalare. That's the only angel I've heard of labeled "dwarf". Mine is still a good 6" tall though

Most likely, these were just baby "regular" Angelfish. Unfortunately, stores will buy these tiny fish because breeders sell them cheaply but they do not last very long in many cases. I wouldn't buy any Angelfish less than nickle body size no matter what type. They are just too fragile at that size.

BTW: I'm a commercial Angelfish breeder. Started doing it over 40 years ago. I know there is a lot of natural fish deaths with Angels between pea and nickle size. I've commented on this "bad" breeder practice in magazines and fish clubs since the 1970s. Please send a message to the stores that sell them that YOU won't support a store that does so. Tell them "Buy bigger babies and you'll buy them from the store". Pass the message along (y)

There are a lot of tanks on craiglist but they already come with fish that I don't like or they are a ripoff so do u know a way to sell the fish in the tanks already so i cold maybe get some angels because there is a 55 and a 29 for 125$ with fish and decor filter etc but I just to find a way to rid of the fish

Back
Top Bottom