How can i......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Need a bit more info on your tank. Size, what's in it etc, ph, no levels. the more info the better.

Im thinking on setting up a new aquarium its gonna be a 20 gallon... Im gonna do the fishless cycling process... Im gonna use fake plants.. And an air pump.. Im not sure what kind of fish i want yet...

Im thinking on setting up a new aquarium its gonna be a 20 gallon... Im gonna do the fishless cycling process... Im gonna use fake plants.. And an air pump.. Im not sure what kind of fish i want yet...

You probably won't need to worry about that for awhile yet, but even so cleaning can be easy and safe. Weekly water changes (10-20% usually) and then monthly water changes (40-50%) do the trick. If algae does start to become a problem then you should look into getting a pleco. They are great cleaners.

You probably won't need to worry about that for awhile yet, but even so cleaning can be easy and safe. Weekly water changes (10-20% usually) and then monthly water changes (40-50%) do the trick. If algae does start to become a problem then you should look into getting a pleco. They are great cleaners.

Well thank u... What fish do u think will do ok in my tank.?? I wanna know ur opinion

Well thank u... What fish do u think will do ok in my tank.?? I wanna know ur opinion

I prefer small, tropical fish that bode well in a community. I would recommend a mixture of platys, mollies and guppies just because they are all friendly, colorful and they don't produce much waste. Balloon-Belly mollies are my favorite :)

And how do u clean ur tank.?? Ornaments ,plants ,gravel, filter, tank glass... all that stuff?? I wanna make sure i will do the right thing u know.. Sorry for all my questions.. Hehehe i just dont want to harm my future fish...

And how do u clean ur tank.?? Ornaments ,plants ,gravel, filter, tank glass... all that stuff?? I wanna make sure i will do the right thing u know.. Sorry for all my questions.. Hehehe i just dont want to harm my future fish...

No problem. I'm kind of a newbie as well. I do weekly water changes and then larger monthly ones. Especially with the fish I mentioned the tank doesn't get very messy. I use a gravel vacuum, but not often. It tends to stir up more mess than it cleans. You can buy safe scrubbers for the inside of your tank, just make sure that you don't use any products that will harm your water.

Do u think i should get live plants and some snails???

I love live plants and some are easy to keep (java moss, moss balls). Snails are up to you. Just make sure that you don't get too many. Once they start to multiply they won't stop :)

It all depends on what you wanna do with your tank you can do semi-aggressive, community, planted, species only. personally I love cichlids you could look into some dwarf cichlids would go good in there. Dwarf gouramis are pretty neat to watch and as long as you only do one male you can add some other pretty cool fish in there. Feel free to pm me.

It all depends on what you wanna do with your tank you can do semi-aggressive, community, planted, species only. personally I love cichlids you could look into some dwarf cichlids would go good in there. Dwarf gouramis are pretty neat to watch and as long as you only do one male you can add some other pretty cool fish in there. Feel free to pm me.

Thanks for ur help i sent u a private message hope u get it.. :)

Back
Top Bottom