how can i lower my GH?simple BUT.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sldp999

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi,
quesion.
i just did a GH test and my GH is off the charts. its reading above 15DKH which is above 300PPM. now, i have community tropical fish with LIVE plants. i'm running pressurized CO2 and i'm using TROPICA MASTER GROW for fertz. now here is where it gets complicated.
how do i lower the GH without removing IRON? because i'm using iron supplement from seachem for my plants.(they need it cause i'm getting some imbalance of fertz).
i use the best RO water when i change/topoff my tank.
i have driftwood in the tank but it doesnt seems to lower the GH.
i have PURA AMAZON in my filter which duplicates black amazon water which should lower GH but i guess it doesnt.
so my friends what can i do or buy to lower my GH?

THANK YOU.

whats in your tank? if your using ro water you prob putting something back in. no ro expert but i always thought ro stripes away all that stuff. also why do you want to lower it?

I agree that your gH is high, but if your plants and fish are doing okay, it's much better to just let it be. Trying to control it is going to cause swings in your water parameters everytime you do a water change, which isn't healthy for your fish or your plants.

While on the high side, that GH is perfectly fine for fish and live plants. I'd leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom