How do i get lower Ph and dGH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madcurlyq

Aquarium Advice Activist
umm i new (to this website)and i have tanks already but im starting a 29gal with the following
*10 neon tetras
*2 rams (dwarf cichlids)
*2 dwarf gouramis
*2 pearl gouramis

need lower ph and dgh :banghead::facepalm:.....how?
any more suggestions?

First, welcome to the site :).

Second, try to just create a single thread instead of asking the question with 5 separate ones...people will see the first and eventually respond.

Why do you believe you need to lower pH and GH? What are the levels they are at now? How long has the tank been set up and what are your full water parameters (ammo, nitrIte, nitrAte, pH)?

Last edited:
every things normal except that all those fish "require" lower ph and gh

Whoops I already posted on one of your other threads. The only fish that you have that might possibly require changing the pH are the rams. However, depending on what your exact pH is, careful acclimation should be enough. Btw, one of your threads was entitled "amazon tank", those gouramis are not amazon fish just so you know.

--Adeeb

yes i know they are from asia ...the others are though and i totally forgot when i wrote that!!!:facepalm:

my ph is 7.5 and i want it 6.5

7.5 is perfectly fine for those fish. You would only need 6.5 if you were breeding neons or rams, and even then it's not absolutely necessary.

--Adeeb

k thanks! Do you think that tank looks over stocked, understocked?

Back
Top Bottom