How do I give away giant plektos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skradtim

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 2 big plectos about a foot in length each. The aquarium is only about 30 - 40 gallons. I can't remember when I got them but I think I've had them for over 2 years. They seem healthy but their space is way to small. They knock decorations over, push each other out of the way to fight for territory, and they produce poops over twice their length that wraps around everything and gets all gross. And they constantly seem to be pooping. The algae wafers are not enough. Every time I put in flakes for my other fish, they rise to the top and suck in a lot of the food. I tried putting a fresh cucumber in once and they didn't seem interested in it. I just cannot keep up with the water changes and go through too many filters. I don't really want a bigger tank because I hardly got room for the one I have. So I'm thinking to most humane thing to do is wait for someone that wants them for free. I don't like seeing them in a tank that is small for them. Anyone want them free of charge? I'm in Upper MI in the Delta County area and would even travel up to about an hour to drop them off or meet just so they go to a good home. Again I don't want anything in return except that the fish go to a good tank. My local pet store closed and I don't feel comfortable giving them to walmart. Otherwise how do I get rid of these beasts? I'm thinking craigs list next. Thanks

Craigslist is good, but they don't allow free to a good home. You have to charge a rehoming fee.

Thanks. I would be willing to reimburse the fee for the customer as long as it's reasonable.

You could see if your LFS is interested

What is LFS? If you are referring to local fish store, I stated in my original post that they have closed down. Walmart is out of the question. If it's referring to local food store I don't think that would fly too well LOL. Wouldn't they be a bit too bony?

It's local fish store my bad I must've missed it in your original post

Back
Top Bottom