How do i measure the volume of my new custom made tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AA. I am not the mathmatically calculating person, so I would do it with a 5 gallon bucket and 1 gallon pitcher! :whistle:

There are some gifted people here, I am sure you will find out soon!

outside of water displacement method...i don't know.

very nice

Maybe do it old school and do it like in math class, separate it in regular forms and add it up after measuring the different sides lenght, hight ext and converting the volume to gallons ?

Cool tank. Id suggest splitting into 2 sections so 1 big rectangle on top and work out length height and width and work out volume inside. Then for the slanted portion imagine it as a square and do as above then divide by 2. Then add both total volumes together and you should have a grand total. Sorry if doesnt make much sense

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe do it old school and do it like in math class, separate it in regular forms and add it up after measuring the different sides lenght, hight ext and converting the volume to gallons ?

THIS...great idea...i see a rectangle and a triangle

IBpWSHE.jpg

This is how I would divide it up. Make measurements on the color-coded lines, and also measure the tank width.

Calculate Volume1 - Gray X Blue X Width (note that blue line is not entire length of tank)

Calculate Volume2 - Turquoise X Red X Width

Calculate Volume3 - Purple X Green X Width X 0.5

Add these three volumes together for the total volume.

Thanks for the great pic man, im gonna measure it that way, if i form a rectangle without adding the 45 degree angle its about 80 gallons. I wanna stock it up with alot of neón and rummy nose tetras. Im running lava rock and active carbón in my filter, what do u guys think about filtering like this?

Neons or cardinals ( I prefer cardinals) and rummynose will be awesome in shoals together. I'm not a big carbon fan I think it's overrated apart from for removing meds I don't use it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I second the carbon hate. Don't see a purpose unless you are trying to remove something. Specific from the water.

Back
Top Bottom