How do you deal with power outages?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrNitrite

Aquarium Advice Regular
This question came to mind as I was thinking about last summer. It's a good thing we did not have any aquariums, because Hurricane Ike brought us 2 weeks without electricity. The house was 87 degrees when we went to stay with relatives-would have really heated up the tank. We don't have a generator-would hate to spend all that $$$ and not need it for years. Have any of you had aquariums during multi day outages? How did you deal with it?

or an inverter hooked up to your car battery to run the filters for a few hours a day until the power comes back on... that would be the cheapest solution

oh yeah, i have one of those. i didnt thnk of that. that would work, but not long term. unless the engine is running, then the bttery will drain and then youll be left with a not useable car lol.

Uhm, have a back up sponge filter maybe...there are battery operated air pumps. Dunno what I would do about the tank getting too hot though....

Back
Top Bottom