Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to Esra
Anyone know where in Australia you can buy the Python's?
I have a 120G and really need one.

I don't bother aging my water, just use Prime.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to zenkatydid Send a message via AIM to zenkatydid Send a message via MSN to zenkatydid
esra, i've never seen them for sale at shops - your best bet would be to get one online and shipped over. personally, though, i just bought a garden hose and pull it over the tap to refill my tank - just as good as a python, and cost me about $5. to get water out, i use a 50L storage tub and a normal gravel vac - i've heard that the pythons have problems with suction strength, and i don't like the amount of water they waste in operation.

zenkatydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey
what do you need with the python to hook it up to the bathroom sink I see all kinds of adaptors and valves what do i need to just hook it up to the sink vacuum out the water and fill the tank back up while adding the water treatment
First the pump has two setting, fill and empty. The empty is done by using water pressure, it requires physics to explain and I would probably need to use works like Bernoulli. Letís just say it's done very easily with the twist of the wrist.

A lot of people don't understand the sink hook up process. You need either a faucet with a removable aerator, usually found in the kitchen, or a sink with a treaded faucet like for a garden hose, usually found in your basement. There are different aerators, thus the necessity for an adaptor.

These are Faucet Aerators: http://amconservationgroup.com/catalog.aspx?catid=16

Some faucets have them permanently attached, like most bathroom faucets. My bathroom faucet has a permanent aerator. Pythons are not designed for bathroom sinks. There is to much water volume and the pump is to long in most cases**.

**Legal Note - Not every bathroom is the same and some people may be using the python in their bathrooms but most people arenít.

P.S. Pythons rule but may cause side effects like:

-Wanting a larger aquarium (10 gallon itch)
-Wanting more aquariums (MTS)
-Keeping more fish and doing more water changes to keep your fish healthy (increased water bill-itis)

Tags
water changes

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com