How do you name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey whats up?
I havent been on the site for a while but im back and i want to know if you name your fish and if you do how?
I have a Electric yellow Chiclid that i names Lightning for reasons that maybe be obvious becuase he is yellow and yeah
I have a Convitct which i named Mary because she is a girl and my friends great great grandmother was a convict when she came to Australia so i named her after her
I have two clown loaches one i named Corkers because he is pretty silly and swims everywhere my other is named Ralph becuae i like that name lol
I have 1 Serpea tetra i named Fuzzy Because he is really cute like that and i have a black phantom which i named Blacklie
So you tell me and maybe upload a few photos of your most valued and most loved fish
Thanks!:lol:

If I didn't have kids I would not name my fish. Since I do have kids, my fish all named from finding nemo. Nemo, Marlin, Gurgle and Jaque. I have found in the past that when I name fish they die.

yup everytime i named a fish it died. i have a whole squad of plats they look alike idnt name em. i named my african grey jazzy because idk he responds too his name my cockatiel i just call her girl bird dont ask me jst never named her and girl bird stayed

My goldies are Bill and Ted....just because.

My fiddler was named Charlie Daniels for obvious reasons.

My pleco's name is Bono, also for obvious reasons.

We also recently got 4 panda corys. My wife wanted to name them Kung, Fu, Pan, and Da. Stupid. lol

My fiddler was named Charlie Daniels for obvious reasons

ok now that is a realy good name lol i wish i would have thought of that
kudos :cool:

I named my Betta and Olive nerite, most of the cichlids were named by a friend and all the others are unnamed lol.

I name my goldfsh after Japanese daimyos. My current goldfish is Hideyoshi. Before him I had Nobunaga, Togegawa, and Hatori Hanzo who's a ninja :D

Platy - Tuti (his pineapple platy friend who died was named fruity)
Mollies - Molly and Moe
Guppies - Ed, Norbert and Forrest Gupp
Neons - 9 with no name
Bloodfin tetras - 3, no name

I only name the fish who respond to me. My bichirs are Cheeseburger and Milkshakes. All the other fish are nameless.

My puffer is "Chompers", my large Maroon clown is "Starbuck" not sure why, the smaller one is "Little Buck".. My convict goby is "Stripe" as he has a stripe across his nose. I hade another convict that died, he was "Dot" because of his nose coloring.
The rest look too much alike to tell apart..

Back
Top Bottom