How does it look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is what it looks like now, thanks for the idea, i personally think it looks much much better... my co2 just started to kick in... so hopefully that will help the algae issue.

Thank you! i really like the way it looks too... just need to figure out this algae...

okay, i made some modifications today, take a look! you can see the before picture 3 post about, and now heres what it looks like. better/worse? honestly let me know! and if you have any suggestions that would be awesome too!

oh, the reason for the re-scape was tomorrow my knight gobies arrive and i wanted to create some more territory for them to enjoy. let me know :)

If you like, tie some java moss onto the rocks, plant some HC on the foreground and in a few months time you'll get a lush carpet of HC going. :band: A few bunches of dwarf hairgrass here and there among the HC. OMG, that would be an amazing tank.

this is a brackish aquarium.... 1.005 SG... i don't know if those plants will work in my tank. thoughts? I've ready Dwarf hair grass can survive and grow in brackish, but I'm not sure as i have no experience with it...

plantgeek.com sats dwarf hair grass will grow, but I'm not seeing the baby tears as an option

Oh, if it's going to be a brackish tank, HC won't work, the leaves will turn yellow pretty quickly. Glosso is another plant that will give you that carpet effect and will work in brackish water, it won't pearl as much as HC under a good light, but you'll still get some bubbles going. The dwarf hairgrass will also work, it will not have a problem.

Most of these will work in brackish water as well:
Banana plant, cryptocoryne ciliata, glosso, anacharis, common milfoil, hornwort, moneywort, microsword, java fern and java moss.

It already is a brackish tank, is there anything like baby tears that work I'm brackish?

Glossostigma elatinoides, but they're a bit taller than HC. It grows pretty fast as well, so if you're growing other small plants like java moss on the same level, you might want to put down some makeshift barriers in the substrate to prevent the glosso from growing over them.

Back right corner are some Sandriana, they are not truly aquatic.
Are you sure? If they bought them at the store when they were growing fully underwater then they're probably not house plants. They might be weeds. lol

Good news, Knight Gobies came in today! They look awesome, looks like a male female pair, i will upload pics soon :) stay tuned...

not that i take a closer look, one is definitely male, and i am unsure about the other. It is much smaller, but could just be a young male. pics soon! they are just floating now!

Here they are!!! the first picture is of the larger male(pretty sure its a male)... he is beautiful, tough to see his dorsal fin, but it is amazing, his fins have a nice blue sheen that is really pretty. the next picture is of the smaller one thats sex is in question. Both are vey good looking i think. And in the last picture you get a better look at the dorsal fin, let me know what you think!!

Very beautiful! I like the tank too. I want to do a brackish tank, but I don't think I hear the time for a fourth tank. How hard is brackish?

Back
Top Bottom