how does my stocklist sound?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alLexX

Aquarium Advice Addict
i'm stocking a 20 gallon long. i plan on having a paradise fish,a swordtail,3 yoyo loaches,and a school of small fish that are yet to be named. think it'll work/ by the way,the paradise fish and swordtail are going to be a part of it,they both got pivked on in my 55(stupid black skirts)

I think it sounds good! Add 7 glowlights and youll get some orange into the tank!

i'll see if glowlights are available near me and how much they cost,thanks

any other suggestions? not sure if im gonna be able to find glowlights

alLexX said:
any other suggestions? not sure if im gonna be able to find glowlights

Bummer! Well any tetra would work. Cardinals or rummynose tetras are awesome:)

Yoyos might be pushing it. They are one of the more territorial loaches and can bully and even kill other fish, particularly in a smaller tank. I have a friend with a simular sized tank and her loaches have bullied most of her other fish :( even killing some of them from the injuries. Just my experience, someone else might want to chip in about the loaches

not a big fan of cardinals,but ill look into rummynoses. and,really?? nothing i read said hey would be aggressive

They can be a bit boisterous and can injure more delicate fish. I wanted some for my 55 until my friend had them. They injured her neons really badly and have bitten chunks out of her cherry barb's tail. I would wait for some more people to comment on their behaviour, but that is just what I have experienced. It probably depends on the whole set up etc. Kuhli loaches might be a nice alternative, or cories...

i cant get kuhli loaches,and the only cories around here are the big ones(like emrald and albino). maybe ill look into tougher schooling fish(the paradise fish should do allright as long as they dont gang him,and the sword is pretty tough)

ive got it,ill get the yoyos and if they're hurting my other fish,they get dropped into my 55. the stock of my 55 wont take anything from em. even the otto who killed his 2 friends(hes a little psychotic. he bullies my shark whos easily twice his size and way out of his weight class. he also stands up to my jewels,and hasnt died)

Back
Top Bottom