how does this sound for a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank_the_Tank

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm still very open to ideas on how to stock it so post em if you got em. Just brainstorming, and I read another thread on here about ideas for stocking a 10 gallon and they mentioned a pair of rams, which I looked into and I like them. Right now I'm thinking a pair of rams, and maybe 2 or 3 corys? Would they stay out of each other's way? Also, if I ended up with a breeding pair of rams, would the rest of my tank be goners around breeding time? Thanks for any help to the numerous questions :lol:

A pair of Rams will work in a 10 gallon. As for the cory's, I personally feel that bottom dwellers have a better chance of getting hurt during spawning. Cichlids are very territorial and protective of their offspring.

Now if you had a bigger tank, for them to go run and hide, that would be different. But, I personally feel, with a ten gallon, you are really taking a chance. I would suggest a pair of rams and a small school of tetras or danios.

Or you could put 1 dwarf gourami and 3-4 pygmy cories.

I think I'll go with the dwarf gourami and pygmy cories. I really wish I could have a larger tank but with my living situation right now I can only fit a 10 gallon. I've got a 20 gallon sitting empty with no place to put it.

A dwarf gourami and pygmy cory's would be a great plan. I have not had luck keeping schooling fish (other than bottomdwellers) with a DG in a 10gal, as they can be quite aggressive, but I have had many successes with a DG and cory cats in small tanks.

Back
Top Bottom