How does this sound for a 75gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mazdaman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think I've made some decisions on what I'm going to put in my new 75gal and just wanted some general feedback/opinions...

It is a standard tank at 48x18x21
fake plants
rena filstar xp3 canister filter.

5 - Boesemani Rainbows
5 - Parkonsoni Rainbows (sp)
3 - red-lined torpedo barbs (red-lined barb)
6 - Adolfos cories
1 - red-tailed shark (maybe)
school of: serpae tetras or harlequin rasboras
Was also thinking of another school of cories but not too sure. I'm thinking if i get another shark than just the one school but if no shark than more cories. I was also thinking of 5-6 rosy barbs aswell but would wait to see what kind of room the 10 rainbows like...

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions and opinions are wanted!!

Mazdaman - A guy like you should have...cichlids! Yes, that's right...cichlids. I'm planning my 75 and a SA theme is what caught my eye. Imagine having some colorful keyholes...with a few SP angels and a couple of schools of tetras.

Okay, enough of my personal choices. I like your list. One shark is quite enough and substituting the cories is cool. I'm sure your aquascape plans calls for lots of caves and driftwood to go along with the plants eh?

trust me jchillin, cichlids have been considered and considered and pondered etc...

The reason is i want to have something different than most. Not to say that all cichlid tank are the same but there are alot more people out there who have sa tanks as you will do. I wanted to try and mix it up with an original combo. But nothing is set in stone yet.... ...but thanks for the idea and reply. Yes I'm going to have so many holes and caves that hopefully i can get some fish lost inside the tank.

Are you any closer to having your set up, I know you are planning a 55 or 75. Anything "in stone" for you yet?

Absolutely. The 75 is a definite and is on order. I'm in the process of ordering the other equipment on line (always looking for best prices....BigAl's seems to be best). I should be up and running by the end of the month.

Look at my sig...a thread for suggestions can be found there. :D

looks good and I replied too. 1 more kudo for me, just kidding I actually adding something...

well thanks for that. I think that is the first time anyone has given me kudos... Thanks again. Oh and now you have me totally second guessing myself and thinking about cichlids....

Back
Top Bottom