How fast do pleco grow???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adammorrill

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got an albino bristlenose pleco and a regular bristlenose pleco, they are both only about 1 1/2 inches long. I want to know how fast they will grow because some fish grow reslly fast and some grow really slow.:)

All depends on person caring for it. I have one too!! He is just a inch and swims a lot! ( got him 2 weeks ago) I heard (don't know about true part) that it depends on how often you do PWCS.

Fishie said:
All depends on person caring for it. I have one too!! He is just a inch and swims a lot! ( got him 2 weeks ago) I heard (don't know about true part) that it depends on how often you do PWCS.

That's interesting and good to know! :) do you think that applies to larger catfish when they're young?

smileyface9 said:
That's interesting and good to know! :) do you think that applies to larger catfish when they're young?

I don't know really. Could apply to all fish but I don't know. Also depends on tank size for growth.

I have them in a 55g and i try to do weekly PWCs. I am also going to buy some algae wafers soon and food those every other day

I think they will have a happy home in your tank :) weekly water changes should be sufficient .. along with drift wood!

I got my longfin BN 2weeks ago :) they are wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom