Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-02-2003, 01:33 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow, great post Alli! I had a loach, and he made the whole tank go wild with ICK, BUT he did manage to eat all my snails first. I like how big they get, I saw one that was almost a foot!

Old 07-02-2003, 02:04 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Heh, that poor tank must have looked like a salt mine. Tis why I QT all my fishies before they go into the main tank. Its a helluva lot easier to treat a small 10 gallon with no gravel or live plants and one or 2 fish, then my main tank with loaches and angels and a pleco and live plants!

When I first got the loaches, I did pick up 3. One of of didn't make it past 48 hours (we figure one of the other ones got him in the eye with his spines; the poor guys eye was NASTY looking and was fine the day before. Those spines are really something), but the other 2 did fabulously! And never a spot of ich (yet LOL I'm sure its coming one of these days). Finally picked up loach #3 last week...I can't wait to put him in with his big brothers! But I will LOL better safe then sorry. And I'm really psyched to see how big they get...I like big fishies.

When I first got the loaches I had a major snail factory going on in my main tank. Yuck; I LOATHE snails and slugs. I grabbed a couple of snails and put them in with the loaches right away. Within 3 hours the snails were snail shells! I used to see upwards of 15 or so snails a day in the main; now that the loaches moved in I have seen 3. Total. Ever. Amazing, although I feel kinda bad that theres no snails for em now LOL

Btw d9hp, love the signature *grin*

Old 07-02-2003, 05:35 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to hisc1ay Send a message via Yahoo to hisc1ay
Allivymar, thanks for your post. I found out that my 20 is actually a 29, so we shall see. Hopefully by the time they get too big for the 29 I'll be able to get a bigger tank to put them in.

-j
Old 07-02-2003, 07:37 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks for your info Allivymar

Louise
Old 07-02-2003, 09:17 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

*looks embarrassed*

Thanx folks I did a lot of research before I went and got clowns for my tank; wanted to make sure they would fit into my collection of angels and the plec, as well as know my tank parameters would suit them well. Was a great purchase; they are absolutely hilarious!

(nice loach pic littlelouie! what a fat healthy lil piggie )

Tags
clown, clown loach, clown loaches, frag, loach, loaches

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com