How i get myself into trouble.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahh

Aquarium Advice Freak
so we decided after a lot of bullying in the 120 that the hyperdominant red zebra would come out. Great! Which left a trio of red zebras, all apparently male.
Our ultimate goal is to have a red zebra breeding colony, so we went to aquabid to purchase a group of babies. 20 safe arrivals. lo and behold, our subdominant "male" is holding this morning. I haven't managed to perfect the art of venting.

I now have a colony of red zebra, "aurora"mozambique, kenyii, and jewel cichlids. that's kinda where it is stopping. the community tank currently has some johannii fry in it, but with so many adults i am not sure if they will make it. These are the fry that "disappeared" and i thought we lost.

So here is a question for you.. i have a spare 120, and i was wondering if it would be best to have an all male showcase tank, or should i just go ahead and get rid of the unwanted males as they get older? Will the males be super aggressive, or will it be muted with no females around?

Back
Top Bottom