How long can aquarium safely go without power?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to look up "HOB." Yes, I have an HOB power filter: an Aquaclear 30 (dunno why I said "aquafilter" earlier.)

Just hit Cabelas there off of I90 in Hoffman Estates they're sure to have them next to the bait buckets.

Last edited:
Fadeblack: unfortunately it's my whole little neighborhood fed by a particular power line.

alex07: yes, but we're looking at ways to provide oxygen to the water when there's no electricity.

sdrone said:
Fadeblack: unfortunately it's my whole little neighborhood fed by a particular power line.

alex07: yes, but we're looking at ways to provide oxygen to the water when there's no electricity.

The aerators work with batteries. Or you can lower you water level or like it was said earlier just stir the water here and there.

I stopped at Cabela's and picked up an aerator, but I'll be darned if there weren't electrical crews (from Wisconsin) at the end of my street when I got home. 5m after I walked in, the power was up!

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. I appreciate it.

Funny thing - my orange/gold gourami is just WAY skittish when anything out of the ordinary happens. Darts around the tank, spends much more time than usual at the bottom of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom