How long should a 30 gal long cycle for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrDeef011

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Besides for the minimum 5-6 days?

How long so I actually cycle my tank for?

Hi! It takes a month at the very least for a tank to properly cycle. You will need to provide an ammonia source, though, as just letting the tank "run" will not do anything. You won't know if your tank is cycled without a testing kit for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. I suggest reading up on the nitrogen cycle, here is a link to get you started. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium/ ☺️

I don't know who told you bare minimum of 5-6 days. No new tank can cycle in that short period of time. Expect 4-6 weeks for it to cycle. This is not a fast process unfortunately

Fish less with with ammonia source (liquid) or fish food and a piece of shrimp 4-6 weeks I wouldn't go fish in cycle as you're I'm assuming still new and it's a lot of work and it actually takes longer.

One thing I dont think the nitrogen cycle mentions is tank temp you want it about 82 degrees, fish less cause bacteria grows best at warmer temps after the cycle completes lower it down to to 77-79 (depending on what fish)

17.27 days lol

Whos knows its cycled when its cycled. Each tank is different. I generally can get it done in 2 months give or take. I think my 10g was 8 weeks.

Depends on a many of things and stuff. Could be a week, could be a couple months

Back
Top Bottom