how long should it take?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterashley

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought yesterday a silver sailfin molly for my female dalmations.. how long will it take for him to warm up to them? I ham hopin that he will eventually mate but as of right now he doesnt seem interested in them at all... do i have too many females.. is he intimidated? I have 5 .. working on selling 2.

Hey Ashley, it won't take that guy too long. He's probably just getting finding his feet in the tank. He only has to brush past them, so he might have said hello already....haha

He hasnt been well since i left with him in a bag from the lfs he has been acting very funny and tonight i find him sideways simming and falling to the bottom. I really think i need to start going to a better lfs but this one i am going to is the closest to home. Idk what to do i separated him to my quarntine tank

ForumRunner_20130512_234306.jpg

ForumRunner_20130512_234316.jpg

You're having a shock of bad luck aren't you? Time to think about ditching your local and going a little further afield. See if you can find shop reviews online - you might luck out. Have a really close look at the fish and the tanks where you go. Any clamping, any marks, anything that looks less than ideal then don't buy from them. You should think about always putting your new fish into the quarantine tank for a couple of weeks before introducing to your main tank. One day you might bring home something really nasty. I once got a fish with lice on it. They were hard to see if you don't know what your looking for and the poor fish really suffered, I ended up medicating my tank and killed everything, fish included!

You're having a shock of bad luck aren't you? Time to think about ditching your local and going a little further afield. See if you can find shop reviews online - you might luck out. Have a really close look at the fish and the tanks where you go. Any clamping, any marks, anything that looks less than ideal then don't buy from them. You should think about always putting your new fish into the quarantine tank for a couple of weeks before introducing to your main tank. One day you might bring home something really nasty. I once got a fish with lice on it. They were hard to see if you don't know what your looking for and the poor fish really suffered, I ended up medicating my tank and killed everything, fish included!

I sure am having trouble with this store. I would have to go to a different town to find another one :/ it really makes me sad for the fish at their shop. I constantly see dead fish in their tanks along with alive and well fish. Sometimes it seems the fish are so hungry they are eating off of the dead. I try to choose fish out of tanks that are not so bad and i spend a good amount of time observing before i even choose. I did notice that the male was clamping his fins but i did not realize til it was too late and he was the only male in the tank. I am going to look around for other stores

Back
Top Bottom