how many 6 inch fish could I fit in a 500 litre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herbzIOW

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondering how many 6 inch fish my 500 litre could house?

depends on the fish. As mentioned bioloads play into it and also temperment does as well.

Just ur average community fish n a couple of plecs. 6 inch was just a rough estimate tho probably quite off for your average community fish. Lol

You would still have to be more specific, especially with the plecos, there are so many different kinds and all have enormous bioloads

Royal & common. Cories, dwarf frogs, gourami, tetras, a catfish or 2 n loaches

herbzIOW said:
Royal & common. Cories, dwarf frogs, gourami, tetras, a catfish or 2 n loaches

I'm assuming your tank is roughly about 125-130 gallons. if so you could do this.
1 Common Pleco
I wouldn't do the frogs because they would eat your tetras.
2 Gourami
10 Cories
10 Cardinal Tetras
10 Silver Danios
10 Rummynose Tetras.
5 Silver Dollars if you don't have live plants but if you do Black Skirt Tetras instead
3 South American Bumble Bee Catfish

Sounds good. I've kept frogs before and never had a problem with them trying to eat fish

Sounds good. I've kept frogs before and never had a problem with them trying to eat fish

I'd be more worried about the depth of your tank. ADFs do best with a tank depth of about 12 inches. 16 inches is the max.

herbzIOW said:

Oh ok maybe I had a different frog than you then.

vanimal said:
Oh dang I forgot about those! They would look great!

Hahah I only know since I went round my mates house and delivered some fish. They had the most wonderful Denison barbs.

Iv happily kept African dwarf frogs with tetras and other community fish, no problems at all

African dwarf frogs are peaceful I have kept them with small tetras neons, cardinals and red phantoms no problems.

The dwarf frog may nip another fish due to poor eye sight when feeding but they don't eat other fish.

The only problem with dwarf frogs is they can't compete well with more active feeders I have mine with hoplos and portholes and it requires targeted feeding due to the cats eating all the food before the dwarf frog can respond.

Back
Top Bottom