How many ADF in a 10 gallon tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MickieFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I love these lil frogs.. and I would like to have an ADF only tank. Right now I have a 10 gallon with 3 guppies in it. I think I will move the guppies to the 29 gallon, and make the 10 gallon just for frogs.. soo.. how many can I put in there? I already have one, and he needs some buddies. Thanks!

Um, I think people told me it was 1 frog for every 5 gallons of water but I don't know if the fish 1" per gallon rule effects how many frogs you can have @____@ lol

ADF's don't produce that much waste and would probably be fine with 5-6 of them in a 10. A problem might be that they might want their space and own hiding spots.

I found a great site last nite.. this guy says he keeps about 2 per gallon. He has even bred them and everything! Great site for ANYONE with ADF. He has a guide of how many ADF per each common tank size, and all kinds of great info!

http://davidcecere.pipidae.org/

oops.. I was a lil off.. here is the chart if anyone would like it!!

Algae eating fishes are not included in this calculation. This rule is an unspecified one. However, for ADCFs the area of the bottom of the tank is more important than the volume of the tank. In my experience I can offer you the following data for the stocking density for African Dwarf Clawed Frog tanks (without fish) that are appropriate when the points under tank setup are considered. These calculations consider the faeces, water quality and social stress for the animals.

12l tank (3 gallons): in my opinion inadequate for ADCFs, but a maximum of two frogs
25l tank (6 gallons): four frogs
40l tank (11 gallons): six or seven frogs
54l tank (14 gallons): eight or ten frogs
100l tank (26 gallons): 14 or 18 frogs

Back
Top Bottom