How many Angelfish should/could safely put in a 55g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfish Lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
This would be an Angel only tank with corys.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have 3 in my 55 with Corys. Sure you could put a ton of juvies in there but you want to be able to house them when they're adults. So 3-4 is Max in my opinion.

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 3 in my 55 with Corys. Sure you could put a ton of juvies in there but you want to be able to house them when they're adults. So 3-4 is Max in my opinion.

Ok.. That's what I thought. Just wanted to be sure. If I wanted to add a schooling fish with the angels, could I?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sure. I have cardinals. But some people say they might be too small. Any passive medium to large sized tetras will work.

One of the challenges with these type of fish is that there behavior changes over time and is fairly variable. I would say 3-4 is the max but you will need to keep an eye on them once they reach maturity. Especially if they pair off. Sometimes they can get aggressive in that situation.

Cardinals will eventually be too small but depending on the size of the angels when you get them it may be a while before it is worth worrying about.

Back
Top Bottom