How many BN pleco SHOULD I have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamsAquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 60 gal tank and have 1 BN in it. I thought it could do the job but I'm realizing I might need a 2nd or a 3rd. Is 3 too much for a 60 gal tank? I have plenty of algae spots growing on the glass.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

2 males and 1 female will produce more babies as long as there are at least 2 caves. males get exhausted trying to spawn eggs and raise fry all the time. 2 males will give each other a rest every now and then with the female laying pretty regularly...eggs will just rot or get eaten otherwise, but this might be preferable given the amount of BN fry I keep getting. I currently have 5 in my 65 gal, but that is too many. 2 or 3 is good assuming sensible stocking with other fish.
juvies tend to be better with algae as the older ones tend to go for human supplied food...

2 females can live with 1 males , but you will have to feed them and they will breed

never tried the 2f and 1m. I'm assuming less argy bargy?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Clean the glass?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it is green spot algae on the glass I've found they can't really get rid of it. They may limit it but I've found I need the glass scrapper.

I have a 60 gal tank and have 1 BN in it. I thought it could do the job but I'm realizing I might need a 2nd or a 3rd. Is 3 too much for a 60 gal tank? I have plenty of algae spots growing on the glass.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app
You can certainly add a second BN but I would recommend trying to determine what it causing your algae problem.

Back
Top Bottom