How many cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freyar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi! I was wondering how many cories you should keep together. Some websites say you should get a group of 5 at least, some people say you should have a trio or pair. Do you think the more the merrier? And what do you say about mixing different types? I love my peppered cories, but I would love to have some julii cories. Does it really matter?

Defiantly the more the merrier! I have three broze cory cats, and I am going to be getting two peppered. So I think at least 3 if you don't have any, and then two of a different species to add on.

Lol, I'm not sure they would care much if you had a really quiet house or they were somewhere really calm. Mine are in pairs/alone until something scares them (coughsistersough) and then they huddle together for a few minutes before splitting up again.

While cory's love to shoal with their own species they will also shoal with other species of cories without any issues. I have 5 each of 5 different species of cories in my 220g and usually they forage around in mixed groups.

Back
Top Bottom