how many fish can i have

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tao 2008

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello everone :D,
im really new to fish keeping and have a question? :confused: i have a 180 litre tank thats been set up (with fish ) 4 just over a month , i have 6 mountain minnows , 2 cory cats ,6 mollies and sadly only 2 neon tetras (4 died):( i also want to get "1 angel fish , 1 red tailed shark , 4 guppys and 1 betta i think this is too many fish 4 my size tank (ive heard about the inch per gallon rule)......... but can anyone help with my specific query ??? and.......if anyone could recomend any fish that are similar/ or in there experience better i would love to know .........thanx

In my opinion you shoud get 3-4 more cories, and 6-10 more neons since both of them like to be in schools. You can also add 2 angels and a betta. I'd stay away from the red tailed shark because it will get too large. I recommend 1-2 BN plecos (ancistrus) and 5 ottos for algae control. You can add some guppies too but the angels may go after them and the neons when the angels get older.

I would stick with just one angel. Either that or get more than four... With two the dominant one will heckle the other to death... Not fun

thanx loads 4 the advice!!! , .........i really wanted a red tailed shark though!!! .....or.... a sort of centre piece fish that would stand out independently from the rest ,would you have any ideas??

Angels could be considered a centerpiece fish. I'd also think about a trio of apistos of a pair of GBR's/gold rams.

Back
Top Bottom