How many fish can i place in a 29 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have:

7- Zebra Danios
4- Black Phantom Tetras
4- Black Neon Tetras
1- Kuhli loach
1- Regular Pleco
1- Hillstream Loach
6- Ghost Shrimp
3- Bamboo Shrimp
2- African Dwarf Frogs

In my 29g. I would probably consider myself overstocked if not almost at max capacity.

However, im also over-filtering with a Fluval 306, so the bioload is easily taken care of.

In the end, it really matters on two big things. The type of fish, and the type of filtration.

There is not an easy answer to that at all. It entirely depends on what fish you want. There is absolutely no magic number of fish that can be added to any given tank size.

I have 2 pacus, a tilapia, red devil, and a jack dempsey

I am sorry to tell you, but that stock will not be compatible in that tank for any sort of long term. Pacus, red devil, jd and green terror all would need a larger tank individually. Together, not even close. Apologies for the bluntness, but I have to suggest that you either look into upgrades, or else try some smaller, less aggressive species for your 29g tank. There are still plenty of very cool fish out there. I suggest looking into SA dwarf cichlids.

I think im going to get rid of them. What kind of sad do you guys recommend?

Do you want cichlids still? Or a community? Colorful? Unique? What are you looking for? It helps us if we have an idea about what you are looking for since there are literally thousands of possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom