how many fish do you lose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Talon242 said:
I've only been in this hobby for about 4 months and I seem to be fighting a losing battle. I seem to be losing a majority of the fish I buy. I'm just wondering if this is normal or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyways my koi angel passed away today. He/she has been in the my display tank for about 3-4 weeks and then it got these white bumbs on it almost like they were sticking out and then it passed away. It was perfectly fine looking the day before too. :cry: A large pecentage of the fish I buy end up not making it or i return to the store. I do regular cleaning and water changes. My tank isn't over stocked, the fish never attack eachother, i dunno.

you should then be looking into the health of the stock you're buying, not only that but you should check the water parameters of your local city's water supply. That could be the problem altogether, you need to check that and then get fish that will be able to survive in your city's tapwater. More often than not people have that problem over anything else. If your water is REALLY hard and has a high ph(like alot of cities these days) that would explain alot. Otherwise you should seriously reconsider the shop you buy your fish from. If you perform regular water changes and test the water at least once a month then you shouldn't be having these problems.

Back
Top Bottom