How many Fish for a 10 Gallon Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
I haven't set up a 10 gallon Tank in a few years, I want to just a few Tetras and Cory's just wondering how many I would be able to fit...? Let me know....

Thanks

:-?

I have 3 cories and 2 black mollies in my 10gallon tank. and since neons are quite smaller than mollies i would say you could have 3-4 cories and 5-6 neons or cardinals. what kind of tetras do you want and what kind of cories?

Glad your Cory's are happy but I wouldn't consider putting more than 1 (maaaaaaybe 2) in anything less than a 30 or larger. Take a look at liveaquaria.com for species minimum tank suggestions and guidelines. 5-6 neon's and 1 cory maybe

As always , IMO

Apperently you dont know much about cories. Cories will do better in a small groups of 3 or so than all alone. I know alot more people that keep 3 or more cories in a 10 gallon than people that keep a cory all alone in a 10 gallon. And dont believe everything a store says. If you dont believe me that stores can be wrong go buy a betta and feed it what the directions on the food tell you to (dont really do this it will kill the fish).

Yes it is true. Not in all cases but in alot of them this is true. The very first fish i ever had died of this. And i have known a bunch of people that this has happened to. Most fish food directions stretch the limit of food so that you use more than you need to and come back to buy more. I have even seen on some directions were it says to feed fish 5 pellets 5 times a day and that is ridiculus. Why do you ask? are you going to get a betta soon?

back to main topic to this thread: What kind of tetras do you want? what kind of cories?

Well in my 5 gallon I got 1 otto 5 red-eyed tetras, and 3 neons, but I can do that because I got live plants and a 20 gallon filter on it. So it all depends on your setup.

Well actually i do have one named manny and i got advice how many times to feed from my cousin and sis.cousin says to feed it 3 - 5 times a day . my sis says to feed it 3 times a day and let it eat 2 flake or bloodworms

Back
Top Bottom