How many is too many?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know i think it depends how often you do PWC too. If you do a 10-20% WC every week i think you are fine, but if you wait 3-4 weeks between WC's then i think that the waste may build up a bit fast. Get some bottom feeders to make sure that any excess food is eaten, that will help a little.

I'm sure there are people that would say im overstocked, or near it. I do a 15%-20% PWC every week, and usually gravel vac every 3-4 weeks. All my fish are active and happy, and are well taken care of :)

40 Gallon Tall Stock
6 Lamb Chop Rasboras
8 Beacon Tetras
8 Neon Tetras
1 Australian Rainbow
2 Dwarf Neon Rainbows
1 L-18 Golden Nugget Pleco
1 Mystery Snail
1 Ghost Shrimp

i dont think people think it matter so much as caring about the fish..
Esspecially when u state. "i got rid of them" 'what does it matter they were taken out"
Most people care about the lives of fish just as any other animal.
Its like saying i dont want my bird anymore im gonna flush him.
or wondering for the concern of the fish..
If you did flush them. There are better options. LIke taking the back to the store u got them or giving them to any lfs for free.
That way they live and someone else can have them.

ANd when you flush live fish they dont die. They live for a while and die very slowly.
And its not really that nice.
I think thats why people want to know.

Flushing is pretty inhumane, i think of it like the people that just release their dogs or cats in to fields. Hopefully the OP humanely gave away his fish to a friend or back to the LFS. Fish are living beings and deserve the same respect that any other living breathing thing on this earth deserves.

-Pleco

Ok, honestly, I still have my fish in my tank. I just wanted to see if what i would have left is over stock. I want to find a good place for my fish, honestly, I would never flush them. But its hard to find a place for them to go. I want money for them, Im not giving them up for free. I spent over $18 on these fish. Im trying to sell them on craigslist. How can I make sure they are in a safe place and get money for them?

Most fish stores will give you a store credit for them. I know both my LFS's will give me credit for turning in fish. Usually 1/2 of what you paid new or what they sell them for new but at least you know that they will be given a good home and in my opinion that means more than any monetary amount.

Ok, honestly

Honesty is sorely lacking in this thread.To get the most out of this site and the fine people who contribute to it,honesty should be the only policy.Otherwise whats the point...who wants to advise or ponder imaginary situations that are presented as fact?

The way to handle what you were aiming for was to simply ask, "If I remove the black skirts,will I still be over populated?"

As far as the fish go,good luck with selling them...In the past I have returned fish to the LFS without asking for anything in return,but with that many,some credit should be given imo.At least a few bucks I'd guess.

Even if you have to take a loss,finding them a home or giving them a chance at one should be foremost in the decision making process.

Just my 2 cents on it...best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom