How many more fish? 150g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

turtleman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I have a 150g community tank and these are the fish I have. They're all babies. My question is, how many more fish can I put in?

4 golden dojo loaches
4 hillstreem loaches
6 albino cory cats
4 julii cory cats
3 cory cats with orange*fins
2 grey black and orange cory cats
1 African dwarf frog
7 bala sharks
4 powder blue dwarf garamis
2 orange dwarf garamis
2 albino dwarfs garamis
10 neon tetra

Well some people may disagree but with tropical community its still a pretty safe guideline to go with 1 inch of fish per gallon of water so I would add the totals of what they will he when full grown and go from there. I know balas can get to be 14 inches each and most loaches at least 10 inches each so u may be at about you limit not sure though.

Thank you so much. I guess I'm going to have to pull out the calculator and start adding up.

Ok so I have a 150g community tank and these are the fish I have. They're all babies. My question is, how many more fish can I put in?

4 golden dojo loaches
4 hillstreem loaches
6 albino cory cats
4 julii cory cats
3 cory cats with orange*fins
2 grey black and orange cory cats
1 African dwarf frog
7 bala sharks
4 powder blue dwarf garamis
2 orange dwarf garamis
2 albino dwarfs garamis
10 neon tetra

Should there be a second african dwarf frog for their social benefit. I don't know, just seems like i read somewhere that adf's do better with a companion.

Should there be a second african dwarf frog for their social benefit. I don't know, just seems like i read somewhere that adf's do better with a companion.

Could be coincidence, but I originally purchased one African Dwarf frog a few months ago. I really liked it but It was always lonely looking. Just seemed to rest a lot. Once I got a 2nd one, I noticed they were both pretty active and they both seemed to like the tank much better!

Could be coincidence, but I originally purchased one African Dwarf frog a few months ago. I really liked it but It was always lonely looking. Just seemed to rest a lot. Once I got a 2nd one, I noticed they were both pretty active and they both seemed to like the tank much better!

Makes sense to me.

You will have trouble with all those gouramis. I have a 150g tank and had simply 3 dwarg gouramis. Things were fine for a few months even, but then aggression led to death. 1 gourami per tank was my lesson. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom