How many Neon Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
First things first,

10 gallon tank running a tetra 15 using bio foam & bio balls.

Currently stocked with 6 neon tetras but I am looking to bump the school up to 8 or so.

Was also trying to think of a centerpiece fish, maybe a powder blue dwarf guarami?

Tried a Betta but things went south and he was just too aggressive for the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could do 8 neons no problem in a tank that size.

As for the Dwarf gourami, it depends on their temperament. Most are very sweet docile fish but some are hardened murderers. It's the same way with Bettas, I've never had a betta that cared about tetras but some people get them that just hate tank mates.

First things first,

10 gallon tank running a tetra 15 using bio foam & bio balls.

Currently stocked with 6 neon tetras but I am looking to bump the school up to 8 or so.

Was also trying to think of a centerpiece fish, maybe a powder blue dwarf guarami?

Tried a Betta but things went south and he was just too aggressive for the tank.

I have a 20g and I have a group of 10 neon tetra and a have a dwarf gourami and they all get along witch each other. The bigger the group the fun they are.

What about pearl Guaramis? Or maybe just settle for a Molly as a centerpiece as I have always had them in the past...

What about pearl Guaramis? Or maybe just settle for a Molly as a centerpiece as I have always had them in the past...

Both pearls and mollies get too big for a 10g tank. They both need a 30g minimum. Just give a dwarf a shot and trade him in for a different one if it doesn't work.

I would do mollies just to be in the safe zone. I have mollies and balloon mollies. Balloons mollies are funny looking. Get the white molly they are the cutest and mine has an amazing personality

Back
Top Bottom