How many otos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've also had three in my ten gallon, but they were pretty active little fish. I don't think that I would put them in anything less than a 20 or 30 gallon tank.

I have a Hagen Power Glo running on the tank which gave them a nice crop of algae to munch on. So far they look great and seem happy!

Lost one unfortunately but I'm not overly surprised :(

The other two are very busy. I'm so glad I went with them instead of a plec because even these guys look huge with the pygmy cories!

I wish I got Pygmy corys. I got corydoras habrosus and they are all over the tank. Upper middle and lower regions of the tank. They don't school as much.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I wish I got Pygmy corys. I got corydoras habrosus and they are all over the tank. Upper middle and lower regions of the tank. They don't school as much.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I love my Habs. In smaller groups without any threat...your Corys will feel safe and scatter more.

In my current tank I have 4 C habs and 4 C pygs. I usually see them in pairs I rarely see even my pygs all swimming together.

Pygmaeus are known to be more mid-level swimmer then even habrosus. My pygs are usually camped out on Anubias leaves.

Habs have the Cory body shape. Pygs and C hastatus are more "fish" shaped.

I'll be adding 2 more of each species. I'm hoping for breeding.

I see my Corys on the bottom, darting to the top and resting on leaves. What I love is that there are always a few in view ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom