How many panda corys will fit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid Kid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok. I have an aqua. with a footprint of 12"- 30" and 18"deep. 29gal. I think.
How many panda corys do u think would be a safe # for that size?
(they would b the only occupants)

If it is a 29 gallon, which im not sure it is.Id say 6-8. But thats just my opinion. I had 6 in my 30 and they still had a good amount of swim room as long as you dont crowd the bottom with decorations. They do like shade though and places to hide/sit under from time to time

Moved to Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion.

You could do 6-8 or even 10 no problem in that size tank with compatible tankmates. If you put in a big group though I'd avoid putting in any other bottom dwelling fish.

29 one per gallon should be good. lol jk that would be awesome to have that many corys.

Ok. I have an aqua. with a footprint of 12"- 30" and 18"deep. 29gal. I think.
How many panda corys do u think would be a safe # for that size?
(they would b the only occupants)

Hello C...

Most Corydoras don't get too large. I stock one Cory for every five gallons of tank volume, but don't keep less than five or six in a tank. They do best in a group.

B

12x30= 360 sq. in.
360/ 9 sq. in. per fish-body lenght = 40 in of fish-body length in your tank
40/ 3 in. fish body lenght for Cory's at Maturity = 13 Cory's is your answer

You need to take into account your tank because a 29 gal. tank is really not 29 gallons when substrate, rocks, heater and thermostat space, plants and decorations are taken into account. My guess is you are looking at 10 full size Cory's

Yeah I was gonna go with around 10 but no more than 12 tops. Just wanted to see if I was in the ballpark or not.

Back
Top Bottom