How many Rainbow Fish can go in a 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucas82

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am being given what I think from the pictures is a 55-65 gallon fish tank. I am wanting to stock it with Boesemani Rainbow Fish and Australian Rainbow Fish. I was thinking 5 Boesemani and 4-5 Australian Rainbows. Would this be a sufficient amount of Rainbows for a 55 gallon? Any tank mate suggestions if there should be any? Thanks in advance for the advice :)

I am being given what I think from the pictures is a 55-65 gallon fish tank. I am wanting to stock it with Boesemani Rainbow Fish and Australian Rainbow Fish. I was thinking 5 Boesemani and 4-5 Australian Rainbows. Would this be a sufficient amount of Rainbows for a 55 gallon? Any tank mate suggestions if there should be any? Thanks in advance for the advice :)

Have you measured your tanks length, width and height? That will tell you for sure what size tank you have.

go to aquadvisor.com and put in your info, and it will calculate your stocking for you. If you have a standard 55 gallon (48 inches long) I think you should have plenty of room for that stock, possibly even upping the bosemani rainbows to 5-6.
Rainbows are peaceful fish, so you should be able to put them with most all community fish out there. :)

AquaAdvisor is okay to get an idea of stocking with but it has flaws so don't consider what it says as being totally correct. If you do have a 55 you can easily do 6 of each type rainbow fish and perhaps 3 yo-yo loaches (not clowns as they need very large tanks) for added bottom movement and interest.

re:

Sorry I haven't been on the board in a couple of days. Thanks everyone for the advice. I think a tank with 12 total rainbows and some corys would look awesome! I'll have some pics soon!

Back
Top Bottom