How many snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So this is the problem since I went to live plants I've got algae now and I'm getting snails my options are pond snails or mystery snails what should I get and how many I've got a 55 gallon tank

So this is the problem since I went to live plants I've got algae now and I'm getting snails my options are pond snails or mystery snails what should I get and how many I've got a 55 gallon tank

Get two and soon enough, you'll have plenty lol. My mystery snails are not to good at cleaning algae. As so as I can find some I'm going to get a couple of nerite snails, they're supposed to be much better at clean up.

I want nerite snails but they seem to big to get in small areas is that not true

I want nerite snails but they seem to big to get in small areas is that not true

Good question and I'm not sure because I've never seen one in person, but I can tell you that mystery snails can get big too. One of mine has more than doubled in size in the past month or so, but it still climbs up plants to eat whatever. I just notice that the algae on the back wall has little snail trails, but most of it goes uneaten.

Back
Top Bottom