How many snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry for giving bad info! My bad, confused mystery snails with others :)

I don't know of any pleco that can fit into a ten gallon. You could try shrimp. Or there is always the good ol MagFloat.

i think maybe 6 pygmy cory cats. it might be pushing it but it think it will be alright. no pleco.

So..... I went to the pet store tonight and all they had was the mystery snails and thy have no intentions of getting any other types so, for now, i will be snail free.

You could get a couple of otos. They have relatively low bio-loads and are much better algae eaters than apple snails.
Apple snails are more for show because of their colors and size.

You could get a couple of otos. They have relatively low bio-loads and are much better algae eaters than apple snails.
Apple snails are more for show because of their colors and size.

Would they live ok with the Cory's?

And you're correct, with both species, I think you would be overstocked. I'm just saying that they can peacefully co-exist..... you know, for when you get that 50 gallon tank.... :whistle:

If I were you, I'd take one or the other. They are both lovely species. The otos would keep your tank free of algae. The pygmies would scavenge the substrate. Depends on your needs, I guess.

And you're correct, with both species, I think you would be overstocked. I'm just saying that they can peacefully co-exist..... you know, for when you get that 50 gallon tank.... :whistle:

If I were you, I'd take one or the other. They are both lovely species. The otos would keep your tank free of algae. The pygmies would scavenge the substrate. Depends on your needs, I guess.

50G is in the not-so-near future. Cant really afford it at this point in time. When i do get it, It'll have my goldies in it so I dont think I'd be able to add the OTO's and Cory's. I guess they could go in the 20G at that point tho :)

Back
Top Bottom