How many times should i feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martintanks91

Aquarium Advice Freak
How many times should i feed my fish? I now feed it twice a day and they seem fine but i see alot of comments where it advises once a day. Héres a pic of my tank, 80 gal tropicalImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394058580.540670.jpg

Welp, this could turn into a crash course in proper fish keeping here;) that tank is pretty sweet, I'm guessing that food is not, what are the ingredients? If there are more than 10 we may have some work to do..

Is it ok if its in spanish? Gluten de trigo,soja,torula,levadura seca,caroteno,aceite de pescado,sal,vitamina A,C,K,E,B1,B2,B6,ácido de pantotenico,niacina,ácido folico,colina,fosfato dicalcico,cloruro de calcio,cloruro de potasio,sulfato de magnesio,citrato férrico,sulfato de magnaneso,iodato de potasio,carbonato de zinc,sulfato de cobre,aditivo enzimatico,pigmentantes naturales(carotenos),antioxidante (BHT)

I translated it on Google. Wheat gluten, soy, torula, dried yeast, carotene, fish oil, salt, vitamin A, C, K, E, B1, B2, B6, pantothenic acid, niacin, folic acid, choline, dicalcium phosphate, calcium, potassium chloride, magnesium sulfate, ferric citrate, magnaneso sulfate, potassium iodate, zinc carbonate, copper sulfate, enzyme additive, natural pigmenting (carotenes) chloride

Well it's not crap but it's not health food, I'd say it's ok for now.. You could look into making your own frozen blend if stores can't help..

Depends .. What's the stock? How's your filtration? I'd be weary of stuff getting pushed into the deep end and never cycling back up towards the filter..

Its a 80 galón tropical tank, i have 2 internal filters that each filter 1200 liters of water an hour. I put lava rock and active carbón in the filters

I use a similar flake food. I used to feed the fish only once per day, skipping a day every now and then. Over the past two weeks I've switched to feeding them a small pinch at a time, then waiting until they've eaten every bit of it, then giving them another small pinch, and continuing that until they stop acting starving (meaning that bits of food start getting past them). I'll do this two, sometimes three times a day. Occasionally I won't feed them for a day or two (when I happen to be staying elsewhere). Their colors have gotten brighter since I started feeding them this way. You might try it if you choose to stay with that kind of food.

I feed my fish 2 times a day and it depends on what type of fish you have on what you feed them. I have fish that are herbivores, carnivores and omnivores. Therefore in the morning I fed them flake, a few shrimp pellets. At night I feed an assortment of algae wafers, frozen: mysis shrimp,brine shrimp, blood worms, and frozen plant material. (Most of my fish are nocturnal, that is why a heavier feeding at night.)

I have had my tanks 10 years with no disease and my fish die of old age

Back
Top Bottom